Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW)
Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) is an integrated e-file/e-pay option offered by IRS exclusively for the tax payers who files the HVUT taxes using tax preparation software or through a tax professional. The IRS will debit the HVUT amount directly from your bank account within 1 or 2 business days after your file 2290 is transmitted.
For EFW IRS requires your Bank Account Number, Routing Transit Number, Account type i.e. Savings or Checking and Amount to deduct the tax liabilities.
You can find this information on your cheque. Make sure to double-check your bank information, as errors in your information may lead to the rejections. This payment option is free, convenient, safe and secure.
Features and Benefits of Electronic Funds Withdrawal
- As its highly convenient any Individual and business filers can e-file and e-pay in a single step.
- Making an electronic payment eradicates the need to submit a voucher.
- IRS do not charge any fee to use EFW.
- Payment information is used only for the authorized tax payments hence it is safe and secure.
- The Bank account information is protected and won’t be revealed for any reason other than for processing authorized payment transactions.
How to Make an Electronic Funds Withdrawal Payment:
- To e-file your federal tax return Use commercial software, a paid preparer, or IRS Free File and at the same time submit an EFW payment request.
- After selection of the EFW option, a payment record will display for entry of payment information. Visit EFW Payment Record Instructions for details.
The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
EFTPS is the easiest way to pay the federal taxes and it is a free system offered by the U.S. Department of Treasury to pay the federal taxes.
It safeguards your privacy and secures your information when you make your payment with The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System.
To pay the HVUT through EFTPS you need to provide
- Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN or SSN)
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Internet Password
- The address along with a secure Internet browser
How convenient is EFTPS
- EFTPS is available by phone or online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can schedule business payment up to 120 days in advance or an individual payment up to 365 days in advance.
- Pay your income, employment, estimated and excise federal tax payments.
- The scheduled payments are changed or cancelled easily.
- Track your payment with email notifications.
- You can View 15 months of payment history.
- You receive immediate acknowledgement of your payment along with your bank statement that confirms your payment.
Check or Money order
In check or money order method the payment voucher is automatically generated and you can mail the check / money order along with the voucher. The following instructions are important for sending check money order for HVUT payment